In the State of Unwind, every walk, hike, row and ride takes you a little closer to who you really are and what you really love.
In the grand tradition of historic Maine oceanfront inns, Newagen Seaside Inn is filled with timeless activities and wonderful things to do in Maine. We emphasize simple pleasures that can be shared across generations and celebrate the Maine coast. We also celebrate doing nothing at all. Almost every time you settle into a comfortable chair or quiet nook you’ll find a puzzle, book or classic game at hand. And the many Adirondack chairs in the gardens and lawns are there to remind you to slow down and take in the panoramic ocean views.
Recreational Activities at Newagen
• Rowing Our rowboats are always jostling at the dock, eager to be taken out to sea.
• Tennis Bring your rackets and see how the sea air strengthens your serve. Our two hardcourt tennis courts are always available to guests.
• Bicycling Explore 20 acres of wooded oceanfront at Newagen and Southport Island on one of our classic cruiser bicycles, or bring your own bike for longer excursions into Boothbay Harbor and midcoast Maine.
• Nature Trails From fiddleheads to stately firs, from wildflowers to wildlife, see the Maine coast up close on our extensive, family-friendly network of nature trails.
• Candle Pin Bowling A regional specialty (and more of a challenge than you might think!), candle pin bowling is one of the main attractions of our rustic Pine Room.
• Table Tennis The Maine camp favorite is another popular Game Room attraction.
• Billiards Our Pine Room billiards table is an ideal way to while away a rainy afternoon or relax after dinner at our oceanfront restaurant.
• Swimming Dive into our large, saltwater pool and rest in our whirlpool overlooking the Maine coast. Feeling more daring? Attempt a Polar Plunge!
Is there an activity you hope to do or try during your stay? Let us know if we can help.