Grilled Corn and Watermelon Salad
6 ears fresh corn, husked
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 cups diced watermelon
1 small diced Vidalia onion
¼ cup chopped mint
2 Tbls chopped cilantro
1 lemon, juiced
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium heat.
- Rub corn with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil corn for 7 minutes or until ears are lightly browned. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Remove the kernels from the cob and place in a large mixing bowl along with the watermelon, diced Vidalia onion, mint, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve at room temperature.